Taoist Golden Path & Meditation Retreat in Iceland
Live Your Purpose, Meditate and Connect with Nature in Stunning Iceland
October 13th to 19th, 2016
To be on your Golden Path is to have creative and spiritual purpose in your life.
When you live your life with true purpose — when you are on your Golden Path — you
- live your life with an integrated mind, body, and spirit connection
- attract and maintain your healthiest and most supportive intimate relationships
- seek the healthy support you need from family, friends, community, and business relationships
- create business and work choices that reflect your life’s purpose
- naturally harmonize with your environment
The retreat will help you to find your Golden Path, to stay on it, and to fully live it. You will learn how vital it is to follow your own Path, as well as support others find and live theirs. Realize how ignoring your life’s purpose affect every aspect of your life — your mind, body, and spirit.
Discover your Taoist Five Element personality type and how each Element has traits that can help or hinder your choices and lifestyle — and most importantly, how to use those traits to live your best, most productive, and satisfying life.
You will learn that certain facial lines and facial features reveal where you are on your Golden Path, and how to best use the strengths associated with your true nature, and how to change your inherent challenges into gifts.
Our lives have at least five Taoist Life Cycles and each cycle has innate changes and challenges that affect our lives, providing opportunities to live our creative and spiritual lives to the fullest. Discover how each Cycle has determined your choices, and how to use the gifts of your present and future Cycles to stay on your Golden Path.
About Patrician McCarthy
Patrician is the first Mien Shiang (Chinese Facial Diagnosis) expert to translate the ancient science of Mien Shiang for the mainstream American public. She founded The Mien Shiang Institute to teach the Taoist technique of Medical Facial Diagnosis, Wu Xing (the Five Element philosophy), and Face Reading. She created the first university Certificate Program on these teachings in the United States. She has served on the faculties of Yo San University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Los Angeles, and Emperor’s College of Oriental Medicine in Santa Monica, California.
For nearly thirty years Patrician has applied the power of this discipline to the modern world. Through her private practice she has studied thousands of faces and told their owners the most intricate and personal details of their minds, emotions, health, and spirit. Her workshops have helped many to discover their life’s passion, find their right partner, resolve conflicts, and much more. Patrician has applied the practice of Mien Shiang to many professional fields. She brought it to Fortune 500 companies such as Google, Nivea, Mattel, KPMG, Old Navy, Gap and Proctor & Gamble. These workshops show executives and creative teams how to improve working relationships using Mien Shiang and the Taoist Five Elements, and have resulted in phenomenal personal, team, and company growth.
About Henry Jun Wah Lee, L.Ac.
Henry is a licensed acupuncturist and physician of Chinese Medicine. In addition to his clinical practice, he has studied and taught Medical Qigong for 15 years under Grandmaster Hong Liu, a living treasure in China and Hawaii. Henry is also an award winning nature filmmaker and photographer who is intimately familiar with Iceland. His work has been featured by Iceland Air, National Geographic, NPR, the BBC, the United Nations, the European Union, Great Britian, MSN, Yahoo, Gizmodo, Canon, LG and Samsung. Henry combines Chinese Medicine, Medical Qigong and nature in his holistic practice as well as his art. His films about Iceland’s breathtaking landscapes are extraordinarily beautiful and have been viewed by millions worldwide.
The retreat is a mixture of indoor and outdoor learning, as well as outings into nature to experience the intimate connection between us and nature first hand.
Here’s what a typical day looks like during the retreat:*
- Meditation at sunrise surrounded by spectacular mountains, waterfalls, streams and glaciers.
- Icelandic breakfast overlooking the Vatnajökull glacier, the second largest glacier in Europe.
- A interactive morning session of learning. Our sessions may be indoors or outdoors at one of many breathtaking locations nearby.
- A 3 hour break for lunch and exploration in nature.
- An afternoon session of learning. Indoors or outdoors.
- Watching a beautiful sunset over the Icelandic mountains.
- A locally prepared dinner on the farm.
- A trip to see the Northern Lights after dark.
Other activities may include*:
- exploring world-famous and breathtaking locations such as Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon, Diamond Beach with black sand and beached icebergs, Vatnajökull glacier, and the Western Horn by Stokksnes
- tasting fabulous local Icelandic cuisine with the best tasting tap water and butter in the world.
- experiencing the magic of the Northern Lights and extremely dark skies.
- meeting the friendly locals — Iceland farmers, free range sheep, beautiful Icelandic horses, wild reindeer, and migratory birds.
*Weather and conditions permitting. Subject to Mother Nature.
Planning Your Trip
Date and Time:
- Retreat begins the morning of October 13th and concludes the afternoon of October 19th.
- All participants must arrive in Iceland no later than the morning of October 13th. Most flights from North America via Iceland Air arrive early in the morning. We will pick you up directly from the airport or, if you arrived earlier, we can pick you up from your hotel.
- Our retreat concludes on October 19th and we will arrive in time for afternoon flights departing back to the U.S. Most Iceland Air flights depart between 3pm and 5pm. If you plan to stay longer in Iceland or have other flight plans, we can drop you off at your hotel that day.
- Iceland is on Greenwich Mean Time. In October, they are 7 hours ahead of Pacfiic Time and 4 hours ahead of Eastern Time.
The retreat will take place on a beautiful farm in Southeastern Iceland with amazing views of nature. Despite its name, Iceland is actually very green. Due to the gulf stream, Iceland enjoys a milder climate than New York or Boston. Typical temperatures in October are highs in the low 50s and lows in the mid to high 30s.
- Private Scandinavian-style modern rooms on the farm with free wifi Internet access.
- Vatnajokull glacier overlooks the farm and is a hike away.
- Natural hot springs on the property with pools set up for a nice soak while taking in the scenery or watching Northern Lights.
- Short drive from the Hofn airport and the coastal town of Hofn.
- Scenic locations such as the world famous Jokulsarlon Glacier lagoon, Diamond beach, Vatnajokull Glacier, and Stokksnes are all within a 40 minute drive away.
Getting here and away:
All international flights into Iceland will arrive at Keflavik airport near the capital of Reykjavik. Direct flights from Seattle and Denver take under 8 hours. Flights from Boston and New York are under 6 hours. Iceland Air offers daily flights from across the US at reasonable prices.
What You’ll Need to Bring
- Pen and paper to take notes. Or a computer/ipad. We will have handouts as well.
- Cool and cold weather clothes. Typical weather during this time will range from the low 50s/high 40s during the day to the mid to high 30s at night. We recommend dressing in layers including: a quick drying base layer such as a wool or polyester t-shirt, sweater/fleece, down sweater/jacket, and a waterproof outer layer. This will allow you to shed or add layers for a wide range of activities.
- Light and comfortable hiking shoes. Waterproof is recommended but nothing too heavy duty is necessary.
- Gloves and hat.
- Water bottle.
- Yoga mat.
- Flashlight. A headlamp with a red light option is recommended for seeing northern lights.
- A camera with tripod if you want to take some night photos.
- Bathing suit if you want to enjoy dipping in the hot springs.
- $4295. To register, you only need to make the initial $500 deposit. This will confirm your spot in the retreat.
- The remaining balance is due in even installments on July 1st, August 1st and September 1st.
- Retreat has very limited spaces left! Register now to guarantee your spot.
- Private Room with Private Bath for 7 days and 6 nights
- All meals during the retreat (alcohol is extra)
- Airport pickup and drop-off (or from/to your hotel in Reykjavik)
- Transportation for all scheduled group outings into nature.
The retreat fee does not include international airfare to and from Iceland.
- Full refund minus the $500 nonrefundable deposit is possible until August 1st
- Between August 1st and September 1st, we can provide a 50% refund.
- There are no refunds after September 1st unless you can find someone else to take your spot in the retreat.
- We recommend purchasing travel and health insurance to cover you from unexpected events.
Please contact Evosia at 213-787-4885 with any questions. You may also email email@example.com.